We are living in the age of modern telecommunication. We use new gadgets for communication with others. Who would like to use the old means then? No one! In the following article, we get to know about How to write a formal letter? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
One vintage means of communication is letter writing, and no one can forsake this. You have to undertake this pain of writing letters at some point in your life. If you are a student, you will have to learn this way of communication because it is an important part of the curriculum. It will also let them have a basic education about different letters. They can utilise it whenever they need it in life.
Why does the trend of sending letters still prevail?
The idea of sending a letter always fascinates the children because of the use of stamps and the sense of individuality that “I wrote it”. Most importantly, people write letters as a gesture of care and love for someone. It is well-known that people do special things only for those they care for and love. So writing a letter is one of the gestures.
They also serve as a memory. People keep them for years safely somewhere tucked in their cupboards. It is fun and a way of reminiscing all the memories associated with that piece of paper. Some people make fun of the writing while others cry if the letter was written emotionally to someone or received from someone.
Two major types of letters are the formal letter and an informal letter. The major difference between the two types is the tone and the context in which it is written. This factor influences salutation style, greetings, main body and closing. A formal letter is sent to communicate officially or for official purposes. The other type of letter is written to friends and family in a light and cheerful tone for personal matters.
How to write it?
It is very simple to write a letter:
- First of all, you will have to write the date on the extreme right side of the page along with your address on the same side in the next line
- If you are writing a formal letter, then you will have to begin it with Sir or madam but if it is informal, then begin with Dear (name)
- You will write the letter’s subject in the next line only if the letter is formal.
- Then you will write the main text in at least 2 to 3 paragraphs.
- Then, in the end, you will write ending salutations and end it with yours sincerely or yours faithfully on the extreme left just below the body of your letter.
- After leaving a line, write your name below.
Also read: how to connect AirPods.